Saturday, February 14, 2009

Days 1, 2, 3 & 4 in a nutshell...(a large one)

Hey everyone!! I am new to blogging, so this first entry will be lengthy until I catch up and for that I am sorry. With the outpouring of interest in what we are doing and how things are going day to day, I thought this would be a great way to share a little each day or so. Thank you again for everything, without all of your love and support being here in LA would be very hard for Keeton and I without the rest of our family. Again, thank you all, Rocky, Keeton and I appreciate each and every call and thought and prayer from you. Love to you all!!

Day 1 Feb 11th Wednesday-Leaving that curb from the airport was about the hardest thing I think I have ever had to do....I wanted to do this for Keeton, but I also didn't want to leave my kiddos or my hubby there...bitter sweet, I suppose. A luggage man pretty much took us under his wing and got us checked in. After getting on the plane, there was NO turning back and I was feeling better and excited and nervous too. I haven't ever done anything like this without Rocky. After arriving, we got our rental car, something just a tad larger than a go cart and headed to Burbank towards our temporary home. We had a meeting scheduled later that day at 4:30 with his management company. My cousin, Morgan, who lives here, picked us up just after throwing our bags into the room and we headed to the meeting. We loved the managers, again, and it just made us feel better about signing with them. We signed all of the contracts and paperwork and they were really on their toes. They gave Keeton a script for a pilot to start looking over for a future audition. After wrapping up there we went for a nice dinner and bought some groceries (expensive ones, lol) and much needed cleaning supplies. Went home and cleaned and pretty much turned in for the night!

Day 2 Feb12 Thursday
Headed straight to the work permit office to get Keeton's work permit, fed the parking meter several dollars, only to find they were closed. WITHOUT THAT PERMIT>>>We might as well come on home. Nobody knew why they were closed so we headed downtown and paid another parking meter $3 for an hour to find a note stating that they were also closed for Lincoln's 200th birhtday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINCOLN! However that messed up several of our plans, lol. IS THAT NOT WHAT WE HAVE PRESIDENT'S DAY FOR??? Anyway...we headed home to wait for a commercial agent meeting at 5. Things apparently are opened much later here. The meeting was good, we waited longer than he was actually in there, but he seemed to be impressed with Keeton. Now we wait to hear from the managers for their decision. Dinner, skipbo, bedtime.

Day3 Friday Feb13
Headed (Again) straight to the work permit office WOOHOO! GOT IT! Then to a meeting with a Print Agent which I really liked. Again we wait for word. Then we went to set up a meeting at a place called SAG/Aftra credit union which is sooooo coool. This is called a Coogan account. It was started by Jackie Coogan. He played Uncle Fester on The Adams Family. As a child Actor, his parents took and spent all of his money! So this is for CA law. I wish it was everywhere. Anything that is SAG/AFTRA that Keeton makes 15% off of the top goes into this account before the check ever even comes to him. I wish it was higher, but we can send more. He nor we or anyone can touch it until he is 18 years old. Not sure 18 is old enough, but that is the age on the law. Later that day, we were given word that Keeton was signed by both agents and that was great news! He now offically has 3 agents and a team of managers!! OK...That about catches us up to today!

Feb 14th Day 4 VALENTINES DAY
BORED, lol, watched TV, Got way ahead on schoolwork. I am homesick because we aren't busy and I made this blog. I will try to write each day now so that there isn't so much writing. Again, thanks for caring!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Keeton! Lane and Perry say hello!!!
    Sounds like things are going great! Thanks for
    the email and update. We wish the best for
    you guys! Good Luck with everthing. We'll continue to check the blogs.
    Love,
    The Williams Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you two! Just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your new stardom. Wish we didn't have to come home and were still there with you so you would know someone. Carrie is calling you to invite you over for dinner. She is cooking potato soup and something else. I don't remember what though. You need to hook up with her so you won't go stir crazy alone everyday. Ronnie is doing okay. His white blood cell count is still really elevated so they may change his antibiotics tomorrow. They may still have to go back in and take the rest of the toes. We will just have to wait and see. Call me and let me know what's going on this next week. I wish you the best on everything!!!Love, Cole and Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is cool. we just read it and we knew everything already but it is still cool. we miss yall and just finishing our day. love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeton,
    I can not begin to tell you how proud we are of you. You are a very talented little man. Keep your head up and always be positive and you will go far. You and your mother have fun but carefull at the same time. We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeton,
    PawPaw Terry and I are so proud of you and wish you great luck. We will keep an eye on your blog to see how things are going each day. Can't wait to see you in the movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetheart, nanny & pawpaw are keeping a close watch on you and mom everyday!!! We're so happy you got to go to LA. I think this is the most exciting thing to happen in our lives in a long time. So glad we have such talented grandkids! You will make it big some day I know it. We miss you both very much and will be glad when you get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! I can't believe you are in LA! I know you are so lost there! You are suppose to take me on those adventures with you :-) Remember in Colorado missing out shuttle bus and having to walk back to our Hotel at 10pm and not really knowing where it was.....I KNOW....YOU DON'T REMEMBER! Dang it...I am getting you a memory disk for your brain for your birthday ...lol!

    Sorry, I didn't get to see or talk to you before you left. I have been SO BUSY at work. I have been going in at 6:50AM and staying till almost 7pm then going straight to kids activities. I haven't been sleeping because I am thinking about all the stuff I need to be doing at work! CRAZY! I saw Rocky and the kids at Walmart yesterday. He is such a good daddy! I told him he was going to learn to appreciate you over these next two month......He of course said he already does. I told him to call me if he needs any help. Take care of yourself up there and keep up the blogs...this is so cool!

    Love you!

    Keeton -
    I am so happy for you! What an awesome experience this is for you. You are a great kid with alot of talent. I know that you will make it big and take care of your mom and ME :-)
    Lauryn told me to tell you Hi and that she misses seeing you!

    Love you both and keep in touch!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys Rock! Keet we can't wait to see you on TV your friends at Mustang Creek can't wait for a block party at the park!
    Tiff you are an amazing Mom keep up the good work!
    Love and Prayers to you and your family.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete